I love creative expression! Today we are experimenting with colors and the meanings behind them. We all have emotions in our lives — it’s part of being human. Do you use words to describe them? Or, is it more of a feeling or a visual? By any chance, have you seen the Disney/Pixar movie “Inside Out?” Although it is portrayed as a children and family movie, I think it does a great job of communicating emotions in a visual way with color.that is insightful for all of us, regardless of age.
Chakra Colors and Emotions
When you look at these creative images with color, what feelings do you get? Lets break them down one color at a time.I think of the chakra colors.
- Red (1st Chakra/Base) is power, survival plus anger.
- Orange (2nd Chakra/Sacral) is creativity, emotion and sexuality plus fun.
- Yellow (Third Chakra/Solar Plexus) is wisdom, power, life force plus vitality.
- Green (Heart Chakra honors power of the heart plus healing).
- Blue (Throat Chakra for communication plus peace and calm).
- Indigo (3rd eye Chakra for clear spiritual vision plus guidance).
- Violet (Crown Chakra for inspiration plus trust and validation). I also recognize
- Black (Root Chakra/between your feet for grounding plus ‘we are one’ — the combination of all colors)
Drop me a line, and let me know how you are doing. — Diane
This article is from my weekly Illuminated Insights column on the Reiki Awakening Academy web site.