We are continuing to share ways to increase joy in life through a variety of tools and techniques. This month we are focusing on mantras for meditation and love.
This is the week of Valentine’s Day in the USA. Whether you are in a romantic relationship or not, the power of love is very life changing. Love is also a powerful everyday gift. Loving yourself is a very meaningful way to live your life. Through meditation, self-care and self-love can be enriched. Many health benefits come from the peaceful state of mediation.
This research is backed by science!
- 7 Science-Backed Health Benefits of Meditation, According to Experts, prevention.com
- 14 Amazing Benefits of Meditation That Can Actually Rewire Your Brain, scienceofpeople.com
- 12 Science-Based Benefits of Meditation, healtlline.com
- Immune System
- Efficient Use of Oxygen in the Body
- Production of Anti-Aging Hormones – DHEA
- Blood Pressure & Hypertension
- Anxiety & Depression
- Production of Stress Hormones
Mantras for Meditation
- One easy mantra to repeat while in meditation is ‘Om’. This is a sacred sound used in Meditation, Yoga and beyond. It means ‘pure spirit.’
- It can be broken down into 4 parts: The first 3 are vocal parts: A, U and M. The 4th part is the pause of silence. Repeat this mantra over and over slowly, for the best experiences.
- Another beautiful mantra to try is ‘shanti’ in sanskrit (the ancient language of India based on hindu scriptures & classic Poems) which relates to peace, bliss and tranquility.
- You can try mantras while in silence with your eyes closed, while quietly watching peaceful nature scenes or listening to sacred sounds.
- A third mantra that relates to our focus on love is ‘Aham Prema’ (ah-hem-pree-mah). This sanskrit mantra correlate in english to “I am Divine Love.”
- Repeating this mantra slowly over and over will have a calming and grounding effect on your entire mind.body and spirit system — Deepening your connection to the Love of all.
Make sure when meditating, that you choose only one mantra per meditation session.
You inspire me, Keep up the great work! ~ Diane